RE: OECD "terms"

As someone who put some of the first print journals online and began to
grapple with the implications, I do want to assure readers of this list
that attempting to avoid a license but stating terms and conditions did
not seem to me then 'bizarre' or 'ludicrous'. The idea as to minimise all
the work involved in framing licenses and getting them signed. It was Ann
Okerson who put me right and I was grateful.

OECD are book publishers and the all the complications involved in
licensing that we serials types are familiar with are for them to
discover. I am certain (knowing them) that attempts to cause subscribers
problems is very far from their intentions and that they will appreciate
guidance rather than scorn.