going online only...

Hi all,

My question seems to be coming at an opportune time as we're all dealing
with the issues raised by the Elsevier pricing structure changes and its
impact on our collections.  First of all, very generally, how are
libraries now going to look at the issue of moving titles from a print
collection to an electronic-only collection?  Here at East Carolina
University, we were beginning to look at Synergy, and have been looking at
Wiley as well; however, because of Elsevier's move, I'm very hesitant
about the potential damage to the integrity of our collection.  What is
everyone else doing?

We are also seriously considering acquiring Annual Reviews' full text
database, but according to my information, there is no pertpetual access
available.  If a vendor/publisher does not offer perpetual access, are
libraries then maintaining the print volumes while simultaneously paying
for the online version?  Has anyone had any success with negotiating for
such access from AR?

Replies can be sent to me and I'll summarize for the list.

Thanks for your help,

Stefanie DuBose
Serials Librarian
Collection Development, Joyner Library