From: Elizabeth_R_Lorbeer@rush.edu [mailto:Elizabeth_R_Lorbeer@rush.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 3:55 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Journal usage statistics

Sept. 16, 2002

Currently, I am negotiating with a commercial publisher to include usage
statistics in the Library's online only journal subscription at no
additional cost.  The publisher wants to charge an additional percentage
more on top of the published subscription price to obtain usage
statistics. In comparison with other commercial publishers, I have not
encountered this situation since they include online user statistics with
their subscriptions.

I can not justify paying for this service.  Has anyone had a similar
experience?  All replies will be kept confidential.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Lorbeer, EdM, MLS
Collection Development Manager
Library of Rush University