Cataloging 'free' web materials

It would be bad news for open access journals and the emerging open access
movement in general, if free (at the point of use) web material that is
'catalogable' were to be ignored, catalogically. Cataloging should not
depend on the nature of publishing business models for the material, or
the medium in which it is presented, but the relevance of the material to
be included.

Jan Velterop
Publisher, BioMed Central