Time, Inc. Titles Will No Longer Contain Images in Databases

Of interest to many librarians...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ebsco_web@epnet.com [mailto:owner-ebsco_web@epnet.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 4:29 PM
To: Listserv
Subject: Time, Inc. Titles Will No Longer Contain Images in Databases

Time, Inc. Titles Will No Longer Contain Images in Databases

More than a year ago, Time, Inc. instructed all full text database vendors
to remove full imbedded images, also known as compound images, (i.e. the
graphics portion of "text & graphics"), from Time, Inc. magazines.  EBSCO
and other aggregators complied.  Since then, coverage for these titles has
been made available in the ASCII (html) format and through PDF files.

We have now received notice from Time, Inc. that all PDF files will need
to be removed promptly.  We understand that all full text vendors have
received the same instructions.  Therefore, Time, Inc. PDFs will be
unavailable to libraries in the near future.  Time, Inc. is a publisher of
general magazines including:  Time, Fortune, Money, Sports Illustrated,
People, Entertainment Weekly, etc.

PLEASE NOTE:  EBSCO will continue to offer ASCII (html) full text articles
(text-only, no images) for these titles.

Regards,

Scott Bernier
Communications Manager
EBSCO Publishing