RE: New bills to limit file copying/sharing.

> "Under current copyright law
> <http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/109.html>, Americans who record a
> TV program or radio segment generally may "sell or otherwise dispose of"
> that analog recording or digital file as they wish.

If the author of this article really penned these lines, then he needs to
legitimate copy_ of a copyrighted work, then you may generally sell or
otherwise dispose of that copy as you see fit.  The same is most certainly
_not_ true of copies made from on-air broadcasts.

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno      "I'm not against the modern
1664 No. Virginia St.            world.  I just don't think
Reno, NV  89557                  everything's for sale."
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273             -- Elvis Costello
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu