"Walk-in use" for Proteome

Hello everyone,

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is about to enter into negotiations
with Incyte to establish an institutional site license for the Proteome
BioKnowledge database.

While I realize that this database would not normally be accessed by our
walk-in users, UW Madison attempts to negotiate walk-in use for all of our
licensed electronic resources.  I am wondering if any of you have had
success in adding "walk-in" use to the license.  I am also wondering if
the resource *requires* individuals to register in order to use it.  We
have noticed that at least one institution has established a protocol
whereby individuals register to use the database.

Many thanks to those who have posted information on Proteome.  Your
comments will assist us in our negotiations with Incyte.

Sincerely,

Karl E. Debus-Lopez
Chief Acquisitions Librarian and
Head, Acquisitions and Serials Department
Central Technical Services
General Library System
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Room 330N Memorial Library