ScienceDirect Web Editions and IDEAL titles

From: "Menefee, Daviess (ELS)" <D.Menefee@elsevier.com>
Subject: ScienceDirect Web Editions and IDEAL titles

Dear Readers

In rely to a question regarding the integration of IDEAL titles into
ScienceDirect Web Editions, the ScienceDirect team provides the following
information.

Regards,
Daviess Menefee
Library Relations

***

available on ScienceDirect for former IDEAL titles we can clarify as
follows:

Initially our first goal was to bring all the IDEAL titles onto the main
ScienceDirect platform, including the backfiles to 1993 as were available
on IDEAL.  This was achieved as of May 25th. Current ScienceDirect
subscribers will notice the IDEAL titles and abstracts are now available.
Our objective is to also make the IDEAL titles available on Web Editions
by the end of the year, which requires some further work in our back
office to support.  We will announce this formally when it becomes
available.

Customers subscribing to both ScienceDirect and IDEAL are already
receiving complimentary access to their IDEAL journals on ScienceDirect
until the end of 2002. The range of flexible ScienceDirect license
options, including the new ScienceDirect E-Choice, cover IDEAL journals on
ScienceDirect and are designed to offer equivalent or better value than
the existing IDEAL licenses. Customers are encouraged to consider the best
option for them to ensure continued access to their IDEAL journals on
ScienceDirect from 2003 onwards.

As Academic Press titles will be included in the Elsevier Science
backfiles programme to load all titles back to Volume 1 issue 1, it will
be possible to extend access to the back issues of these journals under an
extension to your license.  For anyone interested in more details we do
provide a support site at http://www.info.sciencedirect.com containing a
detailed FAQ section under the IDEAL link, and an overview of
ScienceDirect license options under the library services section.

the system manager.