From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu]On Behalf Of Phil Davis
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 6:45 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Proteome BioKnowledge Library License

Dear Liblicense,

In addition to the regular suspects in the Incyte license, we are adding
in a clause concerning usage data.  For the amount of money that we are
considering paying for this product, we need to be able to monitor its
use.  If anyone else would like to use or modify this clause in their own
negotiations, you are welcome to it.  --Phil

"Usage Data.  Licensor shall provide to Licensee statistics regarding the
use of the Licensed Materials by Licensee and/or its Authorized Users.
Monthly and annual reports shall be delivered to the Licensee, which shall
include at least the following variables:

a) total number of users
b) total number of searches
c) peak number of simultaneous users"

Philip Davis, Life Sciences Bibliographer
Mann Library, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
(607) 255-7192 ;  (607) 255-0318 fax
pmd8@cornell.edu
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/pmd8/