Re: L'Annee Philologique

Warren,

I received the following communication from Les Belles Lettres on June 21
addressing your question. Expanded IP access will be costing us more,
unfortunately.  Needless to say we haven't licensed it yet. In addition to
the IP problem, they've yet to address the question of legal venue.

"Thank you for your message.

As it is said on the web page, the institution subscription is now only
available for IP addresses within one and the same range (for example,
145.98.10.*). The Ann�e philologique on line will be prepared in a few
weeks to propose a subscription rate for institutions which are interested
by getting access for several IP ranges as it is your case. We're sorry
about this situation. We will let you know when the Ann�e philologique
will be ready : please accept our apology for the delay."

David L. (Dave) Fisher
Electronic Resources Coordinator
Geisel Library/Acquisitions Dept.
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive 0175A
La Jolla, CA 92093-0175
dfisher@ucsd.edu
      (858) 822-1004
Fax (858) 534-1256

>>> warren.holder@utoronto.ca 07/08/02 02:49PM >>>

Hi,

I did not attend ALA this summer where I understand there may have been
more discussions concerning access to the web version for L'Annee
Philologique. I am curious if any universities have licensed the resource
and have it available for their users. Putting aside the governing law
issue for a moment, I am not clear on their position on IP addresses and
the fact that they seem unwilling to accept Class B addresses ( Le format
x.x.*.* ou x.x.x.* n'est pas accept� ). If they just want us to list all
the addresses included, we can live with that but if we are really being
told that there is a limit on IP addresses, then we have a problem.

I would love to hear from those that have already been there and done
that.

Warren