MIT's MITECS Online

Has anyone tried to negotiate with MIT Press for the MIT Encyclopedia of
the Cognitive Sciences Online?

When we were looking at MITECS Online in early Spring, I was unable to get
anyone to negotiate the following condition in their license:

Section 5: Maintenance and Support

The MIT Press shall have no obligation to provide maintenance or support
of the Website Zone or the Licensed Material.

By stating I was unable to get anyone to negotiate the following
condition, I mean I was unable to get anyone to return my phone calls or
emails in regards to changing the wording of this section to something
more positive like: " The MIT Press shall have no obligation to provide
maintenance or support for the webpages from which this resource will be
linked."

Needless to say, we did not go forth with this purchase.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had better luck with MIT Press on
with this license.

Thanks,

Jill Emery
Director, Electronic Resources Program