Re: Re: InfoTrac� College Edition

Donnie, I've think you've seen the essential point as far as the publisher
is concerned: if the feature is used by the faculty member, it prevents
the resale of the textbook. Textbooks aren't journals: the ability to
resale them has a significant impact on the publisher's market.

For this sort of material provided in this manner, the license terms do
not strike me as unreasonable.

David Goodman
Research Librarian and
Biological Sciences Bibliographer