RE: license jurisdiction related to pricing

Bernie, David:  The suggestion posted herein came from a few faculty users
(not from my institution) who've been aware of how difficult it has been
for small, non-US, not-for-profit publishers to provide access to US
libraries, as jurisdiction has become a stumblingblock for those who
cannot afford actions outside their own countries (which involves paying
for legal help at high rates).  Presumably it would never come to this,
but one never knows.  These users thought that by paying slightly more we
might get out of what Bernie refers to as a log-jam and asked that the
idea be vetted on this list.  Again, note, of concern here are not any of
the international or global STM publications or publishers.  Hope that's
helpful background.  Other ways through the log-jam are also welcomed.
Best, Ann Okerson