From: Ann Okerson [mailto:ann.okerson@yale.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:00 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: license jurisdiction related to pricing

The issue of jurisdiction comes up frequently in licensing.  Does anyone
have experience with a two-tier pricing model designed to address that
issue?  That is, lower price if you agree to jurisdiction of the
publisher's choice, slightly higher if you insist on your own?  It might
be a way to find a win-win situation, if the price differential were not
prohibitive.

Would such a possibility be appealing to librarians and publishers?

Ann Okerson
Yale University
ann.okerson@yale.edu