Journal archives (RE: meaning of "systematic")

> It's my understanding from a conversation with a publisher rep. that there
> had been instances on university campuses where students, particularly
> international students, were downloading entire journal archives, taking
> the electronic version out of the country, and selling them.

Hmmm.  Could it be that piracy really _is_ easier in the online world than
the print one?  Or should we assume that this has been happening all
along, with students photocopying entire print runs of journals and
carrying home reams of photocopies on the airplane?

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno      "I'm not against the modern
1664 No. Virginia St.            world.  I just don't think
Reno, NV  89557                  everything's for sale."
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273             -- Elvis Costello
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu