Re: Clarification (RE: "Fair Use" Is Getting Unfair Treatment)

Yes, I could encode it so nobody else could read it.  But then I could
hardly expect to sell it unless my reputation were such that people would
want to posses a copy of unreadable text from me.

If I advertised that the book is in English, and you bought it for $50,
and it turned out to be encoded, and I then offered to sell you the code
for $5,000? Speaking loosely, that's fraud.

--
David Goodman
Research Librarian and