Incyte's Proteome BioKnowledge Library

Please help--as of June 1, these formerly free databases
(http://www.incyte.com/sequence/proteome/index.shtml) are no longer free,
but have become subscription-based. We at the Johns Hopkins medical and
Homewood campuses are examining the license to see what's what. There are
a few problematic sections, but our main questions are:

Has anyone successfully negotiated with Incyte on any license points?

Have the labs at anyone's institution gone ahead and purchased their own
subscriptions, and if so, how is it working out?

Thanks very much for any guidance you can offer.

Susan M. Vazakas
Science Reference Coordinator
Milton S. Eisenhower Library, Level C
Johns Hopkins University