RE: Proposed changes to DMCA

> "It's a broad overreach to have a person arrested under the federal
> criminal laws simply because they made software that circumvents a
> technological measure," Boucher said. Boucher said his office will draft a
> bill to be introduced later this year.

Now this is an argument I can get behind.  I don't think writing the
software should, in itself, be a criminal offense.  Using the software to
actually hack into someone else's intellectual property is what gives me
more pause.

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno      "That wasn't a Freudian slip;
1664 No. Virginia St.              it was a Jungian slip."
Reno, NV  89557                       -- Dr. Katz
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu