[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ALA Program: Negotiating Services and Prices: Perspectives from a Librarian, a Publisher, and a Vendor
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: ALA Program: Negotiating Services and Prices: Perspectives from a Librarian, a Publisher, and a Vendor
- From: Kim Maxwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 00:27:11 EDT
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross-posted to SERIALST, ACQ-NET, LIBLICENSE-L, COLLDV-L, NEWLIB-L, LIBREF-L, ERIL-L. Negotiating Services and Prices: Perspectives from a Librarian, a Publisher, and a Vendor Saturday June 15, 2002, 1:30-3:30 Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) Room A314 Sponsored by the ALCTS Serials Section Acquisitions Committee Librarians, publishers, and materials vendors all operate within certain fiscal and operational realities: do you know what they are? Join us to learn what each group is willing and wanting to negotiate and why, such as service charges, subscription and package costs, and consortial deals. We will then focus on strategies for successful and productive negotiations, including how to continue to ask for what you need when the answer you hear is no. Speakers: Rick Burke, University Librarian, University of Judaism, and Director, Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium (SCELC) Adam Chesler, Director of Library Relations, Kluwer Academic Publishers Trisha L Davis, Head, Serials and Electronic Resources Department, Ohio State University Libraries Kim Maxwell (moderator), Serials Acquisitions Librarian, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Bob Schatz, Manager of North American Sales, W.H. Everett & Sons This program will be audio taped. _______________________________________ Kim Maxwell Serials Acquisitions Librarian Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT Libraries, Room 14E-210 77 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge, MA 02139-4307 phone: 1-617-253-7028 fax: 1-617-253-2464 email: email@example.com
- Prev by Date: What is intellectual property in the age of PCs and the Internet?
- Next by Date: Arthur Andersen records sought in UnCover case
- Prev by thread: Arthur Andersen records sought in UnCover case
- Next by thread: What is intellectual property in the age of PCs and the Internet?