Blackwell Publishing and Futura Publishing Unite

Press Release - Blackwell Publishing and Futura Publishing Unite

Blackwell Publishing is delighted to announce the purchase of the Futura
Publishing and Futura Media Services company assets on Friday April 19th,
2002.

Futura Publishing Company, a leading publisher in Cardiology and Vascular
Diseases, publishes over 200 books, several CD-ROMs and also has the
following 6 journals:

- Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology
- Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
- Journal of Cardiac Surgery
- Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology
- Journal of Interventional Cardiology
- Echocardiography

The acquisition enables Blackwell to extend its powerful medical
publishing presence into Cardiology and Vascular Diseases, one of the
largest medical disciplines.  In turn, Blackwell's global sales, marketing
and online services will increase the profile of Futura copyrights and
boost the readership of Futura's authors. The complementary fit of the two
companies provides opportunities for both lists to grow globally.

Nigel Blackwell (Chairman of Blackwell Publishing) said, "The addition of
such a strong programme with its outstanding authors and editors will I
hope be taken as a clear signal that we are serious in our ambitions for
the company and for medical publishing."

Steven Korn (Chairman of Futura Publishing) said, "Our partnerships with
leading physicians, medical organizations, and communities have been key
to Futura's success in our 30 years. Blackwell, as the world's largest
society publisher, has a real understanding of the power of partnership
with the community that a publisher serves."

About Blackwell Publishing

Blackwell Publishing has offices in the US, UK, Japan, Denmark, Australia,
Germany, and France, publishes over 600 journals in partnership with more
than 500 academic and professional societies. In addition in this year
alone, it will publish over 600 text and reference books across a wide
range of academic and professional subjects. For more information on
Blackwell Publishing, please visit http://www.blackwellpublishing.com or
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com.

About Futura Publishing and Futura Media Services

Futura is a Multi-Media Medical Educational Organization dedicated to
disseminating specialized clinical "state-of-the-art" information
throughout the medical community-via publications, electronic media, and
medical conferences.  Futura Publishing's books and journals are authored
and edited by prominent world-renowned physicians.  Rapid publication
allows readers to keep pace with the enormous amount of constantly
evolving information in today's healthcare environment.  Futura's
commitment to quality and timeliness spans 30 years.  Futura partners with
outstanding medical organizations, such as the American Heart Association.

For more information, contact:

Emily Gillingham
Online Journals Marketing Manager
Blackwell Publishing