RE: ALPSP statement on e-publishing.

I assume McGraw-Hill has internal measurements of productivity- do they
bear out the "MIT Econ Crowd"? (Which, if they're like any economists I've
ever met, will have twice as many projections as participants.) Never
believe an economist unless his data is better than yours.

At Intel, everything we did was measured and projected and analyzed, and
our bonuses depended on whether, for example, the fab throughput or the
yield went up.

It's certainly true that adoption of digital product has occurred much
faster for journals than for books.

Perhaps book publishing is not a technology business as (I argue)
journal publishing has become.

Eric