Re: ALPSP (Eric H.)

I admit, Eric, that I was most definitely not thinking of examples such as
those you mentioned. They are probably the best solution solution for the
smaller publisher, and I have recommended them to publishers having
difficulties automating.

My apologies to every one of them.

What I had in mind was systems developed by the consultants used by many
of the UK publishers. (Those who have had to cope with the consequent
disruptions in service will know their names. I do not want to embarrass
them further.)

David Goodman
Research Librarian and
Biological Sciences Bibliographer