Re: Endocrine Society--license terms

Donnice,

We were not successful in getting the Endocrine Society to modify their
license, but I did exchange several messages with a Suzanne Rosenzweig
(SROSENZWEIG@ENDO-SOCIETY.ORG).

Our negotiations died over sections 9c and 9d. Regarding the indemnity
clause, the Endocrine Society stated that since they would incur legal
fees over any change in the clause, there could be no changes allowed! As
for the other clause, Ms. Rosenzweig did not know about UCITA or that it
was law in the State of Maryland.

Ms Rosenzweig told me that she appreciated being educated about these
issues and would continue to raise Yale's concerns with appropriate
colleagues. That is where matters ended in January of this year.

I hope we have softened them up for you. Good Luck!

Daniel Dollar, MLS, AHIP
Reference and Digital Resources Librarian
Cushing/Whitney Medical Library, Yale School of Medicine
333 Cedar Street, P.O. Box 208014, New Haven, CT 06520-8014
voice: 203/785-2883, fax: 203/785-5636
daniel.dollar@yale.edu