Re: Barriers to e-access

Micromedex also limits access to faculty, staff and students for full-pay
licenses.  We have had to block access from our public access computers in
the library, even though we foot the bill, since we serve walk-ins.

Laurie L. Thompson, Director, Health Sciences Library
SUNY Upstate Medical University
766 Irving Ave. * Syracuse, NY 13210
315-464-4582 * fax: 315-464-4584
thompsol@upstate.edu * www.upstate.edu/library

>>> pstephenson@utmem.edu 03/11/02 06:46PM >>>
Micromedex requires access be limited to our students and faculty....This
is for the free access they provide us because we have a pharmacy program.
I don't know about full-pay licenses.

Priscilla L. Stephenson
Coordinator, Reference Services
UTHSC Health Sciences Library
877 Madison Ave.; Memphis, TN 38163
901-448-5404; voicemail -5401; FAX -7235
pstephenson@utmem.edu