Re: Thesaurus Linguae Graecae on the Web

I would hope that they are willing to extend the changes to non-state
institutions as well.  Although we are not prohibited by law from signing
such agreements, we share the same concerns about these provisions.  If
they are acceptable for one group, they should be acceptable for all.

Kenneth W. Berger
Electronic Resources Librarian
Perkins Library, Duke University
Durham, NC 27708-0193
(919) 660-5804; Fax 660-5923
ken.berger@duke.edu

"Cox, Bonnie" <bjcox@email.uky.edu>@lists.yale.edu
02/22/2002 08:51:22 PM
To:   "'liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu'" <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Subject:  Thesaurus Linguae Graecae on the Web

After several months of discussion and negotiation with the TLG Project at
the University of California, Irvine, we were able to come up with a
license which is acceptable for state universities. They no longer have a
governing law provision and the indemnity clause is prefaced by "Except to
the extent prohibited by law..."  We had already found the rest of the
license to be acceptable to us; those two clauses had been the obvious
sticking point.  It was a somewhat lengthy process, but the TLG staff were
very understanding and willing to work with us.

Bonnie Jean Cox
Electronic Resources/Licensing
University of Kentucky Libraries
WT Young Library