Springer-LINK Server NEWS

STATEMENT FROM SPRINGER-VERLAG NY CONCERNING THE NY LINK SERVER

Recently, the Springer-LINK server was compromised. Until the extent of
the damage is fully determined we have made the decision to make the
server inactive. Consequently, to ensure that service is available, all
traffic to the NY LINK site has been temporarily redirected to our German
master server. This should provide users with uninterrupted access to LINK

Our priority in the LINK team is to provide excellent customer service and
ensure that you continue to have access to your electronic content.
Currently we are investigating reported problems from our users and would
ask that you contact us should you experience any issues.

We are also following through with our earlier plans for a new server
installation. This installation includes a migration from Exodus Data
Center to Info Crossing in Leonia, NJ. New hardware has been purchased for
the server and Info Crossing will offer 24-hour/7 day a week support for
the server.  This installation will continue as scheduled in the coming
weeks.

Unfortunately, due to the significant increase in traffic to our German
server, you may experience slightly slower download times. We are
continuously monitoring the situation and our dedicated European support
staff are working to increase bandwidth. However, in the interim you may
find quicker downloads in the afternoon and evening since there is a
six-hour time difference to Germany (6 hrs ahead of EST).

Additionally, the link to the subscription list via:
http://link.springer-ny.com/servlets/SpringerViewProducts is not
functioning correctly. If you are using this link, please switch to:
http://link.springer-ny.com/link/sub_list

You can leave this link set-up permanently in your system since it is the
standard link for NY to your subscription list.

We at Springer apologize for any inconvenience and disruption that this
may have caused. We take pride in offering excellent customer support and
will continue to keep you updated. Please do not hesitate to contact or
call us with questions, concerns, or problems.

Best wishes,
Jeff Grubbs
Business Support and Marketing Supervisor
LINK/Electronic Marketing
The Americas
Springer-Verlag NY, Inc.
1-800-SPRINGER ext. 653 (voice)