Re: Electronic acquisitions position

At The Ohio State University,  we have a high level paraprofessional,
Library Associate 1 position that handles the following:

assists librarians in selection details
brings in appropriate record from OCLC,
places order,
established IP range
manages invoices and payments,
coordinates renewals,
handles access problems
add/change URL information,
removes superceded records

And a lower lever paraprofesional  assistant who:

-- keeps up with OhioLINK activities, holdings information, database
maintenance

And we're doing an internal search to fill a faculty level position as
Electronic Resources Coordinator.

Tracks statistics for electronic acquisitions -- handled by IT staff at the
moment.

-- Trisha Davis
Head, Serials and Electronic Resources Dept.