Re: American Statistical Association license terms

Catchword cannot offer you rights that it has not acquired from the
publisher, so it might depend on Catchword's contract with them.  But,
though not a lawyer, I would interpret Catchword's conditions as a
guarantee that all the publishers whose products it offers accept the
terms under which it provides their content.

I do not see a problem with the Catchword language you mention, in view of
the full sentence, which reads: "The subscribing institution is
responsible for any access to the journals through its IP address or proxy
server within that IP address, and will use its best endeavours to prevent
unauthorised use, including making all reasonable efforts to inform
authorised users of these guidelines."

Making our "best endeavours" and "all reasonable efforts" seems what we
can appropriately agree to do.

 David Goodman,
 Research Librarian and
 Biological Sciences Bibliographer