Developing Nations initiatives

I'm working with a faculty member (government department) who would like
to know if there have been any initiatives by publishers to increase
access for developing nations to electronic publications in the social
sciences. She is particularly interested in the rate structure for
libraries and universities in African countries such as Uganda. She is
aware of the initiatives undertaken to provide greater access to the
scientific, medical, and technical literature through special pricing for
developing nations. I've forwarded the recent announcement about the
Knight Roundtable and the link to the Developing Nations Initiatives on
the Liblicense home page. Any other suggestions?

My thanks in advance. I hope this is an appropriate question for the list.

Melissa Behney
Research and Instruction Librarian
Charles E. Shain Library
Connecticut College