Electronic licenses and copyright clearance fees

Obtaining licences for electronic products is a new area for me.  Could
anyone tell me if the fees you pay to your national copyright clearance
agency has been influenced by the fact that the fees you pay to the
publishers for use of their electronic products would already cover much
of the material for which you formerly needed a photocopy licence?

Mary Doyle
Librarian
Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development

Tel: +353 (0)1 6072047
Fax +353 (0)1 6072079