STATEMENT FROM BLACKWELL LIMITED (fwd)

Of possible interest to many on this list.  Thanks to Philip Blackwell
for sending this message along.  The Moderators

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:05:53 -0000
From: philip@blackwell.co.uk
To: aokerson@pantheon.yale.edu
Subject: FW: STATEMENT FROM BLACKWELL LIMITED

***

STATEMENT:

	The Board of Blackwell Limited, the global leader in academic
bookselling and library supply, assembled today for a routine scheduled
meeting. Following the meeting the following statement was agreed -

	"The Board welcomed the assurance made by Julian Blackwell that it
has never been his intention to table a motion seeking to utilise the
Blackwell Limited shareholding in Blackwell Publishing in a move to change
its Board and thereby to precipitate a sale of Blackwell Publishing. It
also welcomed the plan for BPL to appoint a financial advisor. It would be
inappropriate for the Board of Blackwell Limited to take a hypothetical
position at this stage as the debate on capital structure has only just
begun. But we welcome the strategy of the Blackwell Publishing Board to
deliver long-term value of our investment".

	If you wish to authenticate the substance and authority of this
message please feel free to call me on 01865 333205 / 07785-525941. Be
advised, however, that I shall make no additional comment.

	Philip Blackwell
	C.E.O.
	Blackwell Limited

	Tel: + 44 (0)-1865-333205
	fax: +44 (0)-1865-333991
	mobile: +44 (0)-7785-525941
	e-mail: philip@blackwell.co.uk <mailto:philip@blackwell.co.uk>
	http:\\www.blackwell.co.uk <http:\\www.blackwell.co.uk>

	This email contains information which is strictly confidential
	to the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient
	please note that any copying, use or dissemination of the
	contents of this email is prohibited and unlawful. If you have
	received this email in error, please contact the Sender to
	arrange for its return.

	The information, images, documents and views expressed
	in this email are personal to the Sender and do not
	expressly or implicitly represent official positions and
	policies of Blackwell's and are given entirely without
	prejudice and subject to contract.