RE: Kluwer Online Journals

Hello:

I'd like to briefly address Liz's comments/questions about Kluwer Online.
We have indeed had problems setting up access for subscribers to the
electronic versions of our journals (there are, at this time, customers
who have access -- just not enough of them).

On January 2 we migrated our content to a new server, and while the
initial technical problems were resolved within a few days, we found that
data control problems had developed as well.  This required the
re-entering of (almost) every order placed in 2001; since then, we've had
three (internal) server crashes affecting the processing of access
registration.  All in all, an ugly experience -- no more for us, of
course, than for our subscribers and readers.

We are working to rectify matters, and I hope that starting Monday, access
will be activated for more and more subscribers each day.  It would be
hard for me to make any promises at this point, but the latest information
I have from our access administration unit (which is based in the
Netherlands) is that they expect access to be more readily available
beginning Monday morning.

Customers who wish to discuss their individual orders may contact me
directly, their Kluwer sales representative, or send an e-mail message to
<klwueronline@wkap.nl>, which is the address of our customer support unit
and is checked regularly.  If you have any questions about this matter or
Kluwer in general, you may contact me at any time.

Thanks.

Adam Chesler
Marketing Manager, Electronic Products and Services
Kluwer Academic Publishers
101 Philip Drive
Norwell, MA 02061
Office Telephone (781) 681-0501