Re: Developing nations initiatives

We are very pleased to notify you that the ten scientific journals
published by the American Medical Association participate in this very
worthwhile program.  The ten journals include:

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
Archives of Dermatology
Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery
Archives of General Psychiatry
Archives of Internal Medicine
Archives of Neurology
Archives of Ophthalmology
Archives of Otolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery
Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
Archives of Surgery

Best wishes,

Norman Frankel, Ph.D.
American Medical Association
515 North State Street
Chicago IL 60610
Tel: (312) 464-4838
Fax: (312) 464-5835
email: norman_frankel@ama-assn.org
url: www.amapubs.com

>>> ann.okerson@yale.edu 01/24/02 09:11AM >>>
As per a previous message to liblicense-l, readers of this list know that
the LIBLICENSE web site has created a branch called Developing Nations
Initiatives, at:

http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/develop.shtml

There we have begun a listing of projects and publishers that make their
content available for free or at a low cost to emerging nations.

We *know* this list is far from complete, and that a growing number of
publishers, both for-profit and not-for-profit, are creating such programs
for some or all their titles.  Several of us who attended an e-journals
meeting last week heard publishers mention efforts along these lines.

So -- if you are a publisher of such a title or titles or project, would
you let us know?  If you are not but know of someone to contact, please
let us know that as well.  You can reply to this list or to me directly.

It is our understanding that at least a portion of the World Health
Organization's HINARI project will be officially launched soon, so stay
tuned for news of that.

Sincerely, Ann Okerson
liblicense-l moderator
ann.okerson@yale.edu