Re: BMJ Journals publishing-what are they doing!

There is only one thing to be pleased about--at least they base their
tiers on the size of the medical program, not the overall size of the
school.

I reserve my real anger for the medical publishers who base their rates on
the total enrollment, making no difference between a university like
UNC-Charlotte or Princeton without a medical school, and a university the
same size where half the people are working in medicine. They usually
justify their policy on the basis of "simplicity." One price for all
pricing does not necessarily mean reasonable pricing. We don't buy those
journals--we don't even consider them. I try not to think about them at
all, and therefore name no names.

David Goodman, Princeton University Biology Library
dgoodman@princeton.edu            609-258-3235

__