RE: PsycArticles License

> However, buying a subsciption to a journal is like buying "futures". In
> order for the distribution as exampled below to have an effect, it must be
> pervasive, predictable, efficient, and no cost. I don't think that
> environment currently exists, and would take a lot for that to happen,
> probably won't.

Maybe not.  But I don't think it's unreasonable for a publisher, faced
with the possibility of multiple scenarios like the one I described, to
say, "Look: go ahead and use this database to fulfill ILL requests.  Just
do it with printouts instead of electronic copies, so that we don't start
seeing uncontrolled duplication and redistribution of our proprietary
content."

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno        "All Reviews in the world
1664 No. Virginia St.              begin with the intention
Reno, NV  89557                    of being virtuous.  None
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273            have been."
FX  (775) 784-1328                   -- Gustave Flaubert
rickand@unr.edu