Re: license for TLG on the Web

Hi Bonnie,

We have experienced a similar impasse over a liability clause with
Butterworths Online. We have suggested alternate wording but the company
refuse to budge. I was given the Sales and Marketing Director as the
contact who said it is a "commercial" decision not a "legal" one!! I
wonder how it can be "commercial" if it means we can't buy their product.
The only strategy I have come up with is to go above the Marketing
Director, I waiting for my sources to give me a contact name and address.

I wonder if they realise how out of step they are with other more
reasonable publishers.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Gail James
Serials Librarian