license for TLG on the Web

I have just started working with our license for the Thesaurus Linguae
Graecae on the Web to discover that they have both an indemnity clause and
a clause specifying adjudication under the laws of California. For us as a
state institution, both are deal breakers. The TLG staff inform me that
their legal counsel at California-Irvine say that they can't change either
clause.

Is this a total impasse or has someone worked this out to the satisfaction
of a state university office of legal counsel? I'm going to have some
pretty irate Classics faculty on my hands. Bonnie Cox

Bonnie Jean Cox
Electronic Resources/Licensing
University of Kentucky Libraries
WT Young Library