Re: Licence restrictions

Can I suggest to Ninan Chacko to take a look at BioMed Central
(www.biomedcentral.com) where all primary research articles in Biology and
Medicine are absolutely freely accessible to the reader. No passwords, no
registration necessary, no IP address authentication, just free. To
anyone, anywhere. They are freely downloadable for inclusion in electronic
library collections.

How is it paid for? From January BioMed Central intends to charge authors
for article peer review and for professional preparation of the articles
for publication on the Internet. About $500 per article. That is about one
tenth of what academic libraries in aggregate pay for each article
published the conventional way. All articles published on BioMed Central
are also included in PubMedCentral and indexed in PubMed.

Check it out, and encourage researchers to publish with BioMed Central and
make their contributions to science and medicine freely available to all,
anywhere in the world.

Jan Velterop
Publisher BioMed Central
www.biomedcentral.com