netLibrary Update: October 25, 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:56:08 -0400
From: Kathryn Poliseno <kpoliseno@nelinet.net>
To: Electronic Resources <e-resources@listserver.nelinet.net>
Subject: netLibrary Update: October 25, 2001

To all netLibrary Customers, Partners, and Friends in the Northeast:

The members of the Northeast team for netLibrary want to thank all of you
for your encouragement and support over the past two weeks.  We deeply
appreciate your continued interest and concern.

We will do our best to keep you apprised of netLibrary's progress.  While
much of the current discussion must remain confidential, we can share the
following news.

Several interested parties have expressed an interest in acquiring
netLibrary.  Discussions are taking place, and we believe there are
significant opportunities to identify and generate a mutually productive
relationship.  We expect that the next week to ten days will bring us more
clarity on this issue.  We very much hope to be able to tell you more at
that time.

In the interim, netLibrary continues to operate with dedicated employees
maintaining site operations, handling customer service needs, loading new
books to the site, and generally providing support to the company wherever
it is needed.  The Northeast team for netLibrary also remains completely
intact, and the four of us are very enthusiastic about supporting our
library customers in any way we can.  We realize that many of you have
concerns, and we want you to know that we will continue to do our very
best to address them.  Thank you again for your continued patience and
support.

Best regards,

Philip Mervis
Director, Library Programs/Northeast
800-413-4557 x8744
pmervis@netlibrary.com

Mary Lynn Kingston
Senior Manager, Business Development/Northeast
412-766-8880
mlkingston@netlibrary.com

Liz Consedine
Manager, Library Programs/Northeast