Re:advertising revenue

In addition to those and similar journals, quite a number of the medical
journals also have such revenue. One cannot always tell by the versions
sent to libraries, which sometimes do not contain all the advertisements,
which may sometimes be targeted to specific medical specialties as
individual subscribers and enclosed only in those copies. I suppose
journals in other fields where the readers include practitioners as well
as academics might possibly do likewise.

David Goodman, Princeton University Biology Library
dgoodman@princeton.edu            609-258-3235