Re: list LIBLICENSE-L: List Message Rejecgted

Anthony Watkinson said:

> I am not disagreeing with any of the library respondents and especially
> not David. I do not think any publisher knows the answer either. However
> there are journals, which I cannot name because the information was
> privileged, that do make their money out of advertising rather than
> subscriptions. There are not many but they do exist. For those journals
> the number of subscribers that they can demonstrate to auditing bodies is
> very important indeed.

> Anthony Watkinson

It is not hard to tell which journals depend on advertising revenue.
Just open their pages.  Science and Nature come out on top, of course.
Many others probably would not mind having some advertising, but for two
or three thousand known subscribers, It is not worth the money for most
companies.

Note: This is from a Rotterdam Internet Cafe, where I came after the
Frankfurt Book Fair in order to see the Hieronymous Bosch exhibit.
Global Internet access is certainly a marvelous convenience.

The only problem is that this keyboard translates all apostrophes as the
letter I by the time to gets to the US,which is why I am not using any.

Lloyd