Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:56:18 -0400
From: ewelch@nejm.org
To: morganj@iupui.edu
Subject: RE: NEJM

Mr. Morgan - have you received our latest (9/21) letter?  Here is a copy.
Just want to be sure you are completely informed.  Should you have any
questions feel free to call me at 781-434-7040 or email me directly.  Thank
you.

We have listened to your feedback regarding our new 5-IP workstation access,
and now understand that many institutions' networks cannot support
workstation-specific IP addressing.

For that reason, we are offering the following alternative to 5-IP
workstation access:

For a limited time only, each NEJM institutional print subscription may keep
its current administrative username and password, but must choose a new
password intended for authorized users. The new password for authorized
users:

- Cannot be openly posted on the Web

- Cannot be systematically or broadly emailed or distributed

We believe this to be a reasonable step designed to help prevent the
widespread posting and use of passwords by those outside authorized-user
communities. It also is intended to limit institutional use to occasional,
specific users and not to enable campus-wide access.

You may now choose either the 5-IP workstation model or the
authorized-username/password model. Please proceed to the URL listed below
and follow the steps outlined.

http://nejm.org/custserv/instselecttype.asp

Please note: you will need your current administrative username and password
to establish your identity on the site and then complete either process.

Your deadline for making this change is October 15, 2001.

In the next few months, we may modify this approach further, and we will
notify you well in advance should that occur.

We thank you for your patience. Please direct any comments to Kent Anderson,
NEJM Publishing Director: kanderson@nejm.org