Re: New Republic letter

In the wake of *Tasini*, publishers are indeed using heavy-handed tactics
in an effort to drive a wedge between information users and freelance
creators; Mr. Goodman is quite right in identifying this as a problem. An
excellent article on point is by Barbara Quint (editor of Searcher and
columnist for Information Today), which can be viewed at:

<http://www.infotoday.com/newsbreaks/nb010716-1.htm>

I'm told that my letter in response to Ms. Quint's piece is scheduled for
publication shortly. Rather than scooping myself here, I'll distribute it
to this list at a later date.

- Irv Muchnick