Re: The Number for Different E-Journal Subjects

Dear Mei-Yuh Shih,

I don't think anyone has a straight answer to your question.  At the
University of Toronto here, we have a leading collection of electronic
resources - journals, indexes/abstracts, books, reference, newspapers. As
of July 24, 2001, we have about 12,000 licensed titles and a total of
13,880, the difference between the 2 numbers being free titles. These
figures covers all subjects.

You are welcome to take a look at the Uof T Electronic Resource site
<http://www.library.utoronto.ca/resources/index.html> In the e-indexes,
and e-Reference categories, you can list by subject. There are just far
too many e-journals and therefore, that category has not been done by
subject.  I hope our Main Library site give you a sense of what is out
there.

Barbara Chu
Physics Library
University of Toronto