From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu]On Behalf Of Pam Davies
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 3:15 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: licence under 2 laws?

Colleagues,

We have been asked to sign a licence which says that it is governed by
both US and UK copyright laws, and that "Customer acknowledges that it and
its Users have no right to make copies [....] except to the extent
permitted by such copyright laws."

Where the two laws differ, how does that leave us and our readers:  if
something would be permitted under one law and not the other, does our
User have the right to do it or not?  Any thoughts, especially from UK
colleagues?

Pam

Pam Davies,  IPR and Projects Officer,
Edward Boyle Library, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
p.m.davies@leeds.ac.uk    tel: 0113 233 5543   fax: 0113 233 5539