Re: News Release: IDEAL Charter Brings Digital Information to Sen=

egal
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 08:42:56 EDT
Sender: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu

This is an excellent arrangement, if Academic Press is making the material
available at locally affordable prices. I think many of us would like to
have some idea of the approximate range of the price scale that is
involved.

For example, if they are charging 50% of the usual price, it's not much of
a benefit; if they are charging $500/yr, then it is a very generous and
noble gesture, though not quite as noble and generous as if they were to
make it available there without charge at all.