RE: Supreme Court Ruling--Copyright--New York Times v. Tasini

> Any bets that they use it as an excuse to raise prices?

Well, if their costs end up rising significantly as a result of this
ruling, I'm not sure "excuse" would be the right word.  I think the legal
reasoning behind it is sound, but it does force us, yet again, to face up
to the fact that there is no such thing as free information.

Rick Anderson
Electronic Resources/Serials Coordinator
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno      "Let us beware most of all and
1664 No. Virginia St.            criticize most effectively those
Reno, NV  89557                  with whom we yearn to agree."
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273                 -- Debra Nails
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu