Re: Statisitcal package to count URL hits- Does it exist?

That, like all other solutions mentioned, will only count the traffic
through the library. Unless you have all traffic from the university go
thru the proxy server, or filter or analyze the entire outgoing traffic
from the university (which comes to the same thing), you will still miss
the people who go direct or through links. Estimates of the proportion in
science I have heard varies from 10 to 90%.  Quite apart from the
feasibility, I think it would not be a good idea from privacy
considerations to analyze all the univ. traffic. Not that you need capture
personal data, but it's a dangerous precedent.

David Goodman, Princeton University Biology Library
dgoodman@princeton.edu            609-258-3235