Re: Statisitcal package to count URL hits- Does it exist?

Hi Liz,

I took your question to mean links to external resources, not to links on
your own website. One way of counting usage of external resources linked
from your site is to have all traffic in your library pass through a proxy
server, and then apply packages like analog (mentioned below in Brig's
email) to get statistical analysis of the proxy logs. You may want to ask
your Systems people about this option.

What I describe only works for users within your library however, and
would be difficult to implement for users who are not physically in your
library.

Mark Jordan
Librarian / Analyst, Systems Division
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Phone (604) 291 5753 / Fax (604) 291 3023
mjordan@sfu.ca / http://www.sfu.ca/~mjordan/