RE: Moderating and Administrative Thoughts

I agree with Peter's comment about the value of even self-promoting
postings in enabling challenging dialogue to take place. Such postings
should be factual, and that would be how I would distinguish them from
advertising hype. The challenges in the dialogue that can ensue will
probably be both to vendors and to librarians - my observation on
liblicense discussions is that the librarians do not always have justice
on their side - but as an optimist I always hope that the service to
library users will benefit from frank and open discussion.

Fred Friend